Brown Sugar & Five Spice Rubbed Pork Chops
In Camden, Chef Fiona cooked up her savory Brown Sugar and Five Spice Rubbed Pork Chops with Roasted Pineapple and Green Onions for the Dave Matthews Band and crew. At home, we recommend pairing this recipe with The Dreaming Tree Crush Red Blend.
- 4 1-inch bone-in pork chops
- 1-2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pineapple, diced
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sriracha, more if you like
- 2 teaspoons extra spice (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Drizzle canola oil on chops and liberally rub with the spice mix. Let sit for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill or pan (preferably cast iron) over medium heat.
- Sear each side of the pork for 4-5 minutes, until both sides are caramelized and the juices run clear. If the pan smokes too much, turn the heat down.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss pineapple and green onion with canola oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until lightly brown and softened. Transfer to bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Set aside, keep warm.