Lobster Salad with Fennel, Chile & Lemon on Buttered Toast
In Boston, MA, Dave Matthews Band, and his crew enjoyed Chef Fiona’s delicious Lobster Salad with Fennel, Chile, and Lemon on Buttered Toasts. Try recipe a home paired with The Dreaming Tree Sauvignon Blanc.
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small fennel, thinly sliced
- 1/2-1 fresno chili pepper or jalapeno, seeds and stem removed, fine dice
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced (1-2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound lobster, steamed, meat removed, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 soft Italian-style baguette
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix celery, fennel, chile, lemon juice, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to marinate.
- In a medium bowl, gently mix lobster, mayonnaise, and scallions. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Slice bread into 3/4-inch thick slices.
- Dip top of bread into melted butter.
- Lay on sheet tray.
- When ready to serve, heat oven to 450 degrees and lightly toast bread, about 5 minutes.
- Place a spoonful of lobster on warm toast, transfer to serving platter, and top with fennel salad.
- Serve immediately.