Ginger-Lime Oatcakes with Fresh Peaches & Cream
We’ve got one more recipe you won’t want to miss – Chef Fiona’s Ginger-Lime Oatcakes with Fresh Peaches and Cream is the perfect finishing touch to this year’s Recipes from the Road. Try this recipe at home paired with The Dreaming Tree Pinot Noir.
PEACHES & CREAM
- 4 ripe organic peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup organic heavy whipping cream, chilled (or 1 cup plain greek yogurt), see note*
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, see note*
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lime
- 8 tablespoons butter, cold, cut into pieces, see note*
- 1 1/4 cups + 2 tablespoons milk, see note*
- 1 tablespoon sugar plus 1 teaspoon ginger, mixed, set aside
PEACHES & CREAM
- Mix together peaches, lime juice, and sugar and set aside.
- Whisk cream until it begins to thicken, add sugar.
- Continue until soft peaks form, gently whisk in vanilla (if using yogurt just whisk in sugar and vanilla).
- Set aside in refrigerator. When ready to serve if cream has fallen, whisk a few times until the soft peaks return.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, and salt, until combined.
- Add lime zest and butter. Cut butter into the flour until incorporated and has the consistency of coarse meal by rubbing with fingers, pulsing with a food processor, or cutting with pastry knives or forks.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of milk and gently stir until just mixed.
- Using a spoon, drop dough, about 2 tablespoons onto a sheet tray lined with parchment paper; should have 12 cakes.
- Brush remaining 2 tablespoons of milk on top of biscuits, sprinkle generously with ginger-sugar mix.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool.
*NOTE: Can use gluten-free or dairy-free alternatives here.
To serve, cut biscuits in half horizontally. Place bottom half on serving plate, spoon on peaches with their liquid, then a dollop of cream, and gently place other half of biscuit on top.