In Los Angeles, CA, Chef Fiona prepared Dave Matthews and his crew a Roasted Carrots, Red Quinoa, Bitter Greens and Feta Salad. Try this recipe at home with the Dreaming Tree Chardonnay.
1 bunch Carrots, with greens, scrubbed, tops removed
2 tsp Honey, divided
1/2 tsp ground Cumin
1/3 c plus 2T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 c Red Quinoa
2 oz Watercress (2-3 handfuls), if not available use 1 bunch Dandelion Greens, rough chopped
2 oz Arugula (2-3 handfuls)
1/2 head Radicchio, core removed, sliced
1/3 c Sunflower Seeds, raw
2 oz Feta, crumbled (optional)
1/4 c Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
1/4 tsp Salt, plus additional
1/4 tsp Pepper, plus additional
- 1 bunch Carrots
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp ground Cumin
- 1/3 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 c Red Quinoa
- 2 oz Watercress (2-3 handfuls), if not available use 1 bunch Dandelion Greens
- 2 oz Arugula (2-3 handfuls)
- 1/2 head Radicchio
- 1/3 c Sunflower Seeds, raw
- 2 oz Feta (optional)
- 1/4 c Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Toss carrots in 1-2T olive oil, 1/4 t salt, 1/4 t pepper and cumin. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place seasoned carrots on top.
- Drizzle with 1t honey.
- Roast carrots for 20-30 minutes depending on size, until browned and soft, shaking pan occasionally.
- While carrots are cooking, cook quinoa according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/3 c olive oil, apple cider vinegar, mustard and remaining honey. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- When carrots and quinoa are cooked and cooled, place greens, sunflower seeds and quinoa in a large bowl and toss with dressing. Transfer to a serving platter or individual plates, place carrots on top, then sprinkle with feta, if using.