In Boston, MA, Dave Matthews Band and his crew enjoyed Chef Fiona’s delicious Lobster Salad with Fennel, Chile and Lemon on Buttered Toasts. Try recipe a home paired with the Dreaming Tree’s Sauvignon Blanc.
Makes 12 toasts
1 stalk Celery, thinly sliced
1/2 small Fennel, thinly sliced
1/2-1 Fresno Chile or Jalapeno, seeds and stem removed, fine dice
1/2 large Lemon, juiced (1-2 Tbsp)
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 lb Lobster, steamed*, meat removed, chopped into bite sized pieces
1/4 c High Quality Mayonnaise
1/2 bunch Scallions, thinly sliced
1/2 Soft Italian-style Baguette
1/4 c Butter, melted
*For your convenience, ask fish monger to steam lobster.
- 1 stalk Celery
- 1/2 small Fennel
- 1/2-1 Fresno Chile or Jalapeno
- 1/2 large Lemon
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 lb Lobster, steamed*
- 1/4 c High Quality Mayonnaise
- 1/2 bunch Scallions
- 1/2 Soft Italian-style Baguette
- 1/4 c Butter
- In a small bowl, mix celery, fennel, chile, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to marinate.
- In a medium bowl, gently mix lobster, mayonnaise and scallions. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Slice bread into 3/4 inch thick slices.
- Dip top of bread into melted butter.
- Lay on sheet tray.
- When ready to serve, heat oven to 450° and lightly toast bread, about 5 minutes.
- Place a spoonful of lobster on warm toast, transfer to serving platter and top with fennel salad.
- Serve immediately.