In Atlanta, GA, Chef Fiona served up Grilled Wild American Shrimp with Blackened Garlic Butter for Dave Matthews Band and Crew. Try this recipe at home paired with the Dreaming Tree Pinot Noir.
1 lb Wild American Shrimp, 16/20 size, defrosted, peeled and deveined
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Tbsp Butter
3 cloves Garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp Blackening or Cajun Seasoning, or to taste
½ large Lemon, juiced (1-2 Tbsp)
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp chopped Parsley
- 1 lb Wild American Shrimp, 16/20 size
- 8 Skewers
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Blackening or Cajun Seasoning
- ½ large Lemon
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp chopped Parsley
- Soak skewers in water.
- Using 2 skewers per serving, skewer 4-5 shrimp one alongside the other, so they remain flat on grill. Return to refrigerator until ready to grill.
- Place butter in a small saucepan over low heat, when melted add garlic and blackening seasoning.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the garlic is fragrant and soft.
- Remove from heat, stir in Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little oil.
- Grill shrimp for 4-5 minutes per side, until opaque and lightly charred.
- Transfer to platter, top with garlic butter and sprinkle with parsley.
- Can be served on or off the skewers.