Chef Fiona’s Jalapeno, Beer & Spiced Marinated Grilled Chicken
In Noblesville, IN, Chef Fiona spiced up the menu by preparing her Jalapeño, Beer, and Spiced Marinated Grilled Chicken for Dave Matthews Band and crew. Try this recipe at home paired with The Dreaming Tree Chardonnay.
- 1 yellow onion, rough chop
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeds removed (optional, depending on how much spice you like)
- 1 12oz beer, dark is preferable
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, picked, rough chop
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, picked
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole chicken, organic, free-range, locally grown (if available), cut up (breast cut in 2 across breast), or 8 favorite bone-in chicken pieces
- Blend all ingredients in blender.
- Take 1/2 of marinade and pour over chicken parts, mix well, and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Reserve remainder of marinade.
- Take chicken out of refrigerator an hour before cooking and let it come to room temperature.
- Preheat grill to medium, see note*
- Discard used marinade.
- Place chicken on grill, rotate after 10 minutes.
- Cook for at least another 15 minutes or so, turning chicken once more, until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through (you can use meat thermometer or feel free to cut into the chicken to check).
- While the chicken is resting, take reserved marinade and transfer to a small pot, simmer for 10 minutes.
*NOTE: As an alternative, you can roast chicken at 450 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Serve chicken with sauce on the side.