Grilled Sirloin Steak with Salsa Verde
Chef Fiona spiced things up in Dallas, TX, and served Dave Matthews Band and his crew Grilled Sirloin Steak with Salsa Verde. Try this recipe at home with The Dreaming Tree Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 1 1/2 pound sirloin steak, about 1-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds removed
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- 1/2 white onion, sliced thick
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lime, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grill the tomatillos, peppers, onion, and garlic until lightly charred and softened. Set aside to cool.
- Rub steak with olive oil and cumin, season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place steak on grill for about 5-6 minutes per side for medium-rare, depending on thickness.
- Do not move the steak more than you have to.
- While the steak is cooking, chop vegetables by hand or use an immersion or other blender.
- Transfer to a bowl, add lime juice and cilantro, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- When steak has finished cooking, transfer to a plate, put butter on top, and rest for about 5 minutes.
- Slice steak thinly on a diagonal, drizzle with any remaining juices, and serve with salsa.